Pension Transfer Specialist
Location: Perth, Australia
Closing Date: Saturday 30th June 2018
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Russell Harrower, Associate Director (Australia)
Are you currently a Financial Services’ professional who is wishing to further your career?
Become part of a fast-growing company seeking adaptable, dynamic and commercially aware individuals continually striving for excellence.
The right candidate has a fantastic opportunity to grow with this company which, supports career progression and encourages continuous improvement within the business. If you hold high standards for yourself and wish to be part of a team with likeminded individuals, read on to see if you would like to apply.
bdhSterling is a global entity specialising in cross border solutions for the migration of UK Pension funds.
We house a team of experienced, dual-licensed advisers throughout our offices in the UK and in Australia. All bdhSterling dual-licensed advisers are supported by in-house professional paraplanning services and a first-class administration team.
The Directors of bdhSterling have proudly provided UK pension transfer advice to expatriates for 14 years and we have built a strong client base from this service because we offer a unique end-to-end solution for our clients. The global structure of the group and the many years of UK pension transfer experience ensures optimum protection from the potential pitfalls that transfers can incur.
PENSION TRANSFER SPECIALIST
We are seeking an experienced UK Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) for our Perth office to support the firms’ internal Australian financial planners in delivering pension transfer advice to its Australian based client bank.
In addition, the PTS will be responsible to delivering Pension Transfer Advice to the clients of selected external Australian Financial Services Licences (AFSL) with whom we have agreements in place.
The PTS will be required to liaise with the National Business2Business Manager, Advisory, Paraplanning and compliance teams to offer the highest level of service to our clients. As a member of the Advisory team, you will report directly to the Head of Advice and play a key part in the overall performance of the company.
The PTS will be expected to possess the ability to meet the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) expectations when advising on the transfer of safeguarded benefits and embrace best practices.
The PTS will be developed to provide holistic Australian based advice upon gaining the necessary qualifications.
- Competitive salary & Superannuation Benefits
- 20 days holiday entitlement
- Target related bonus
- Training and career progression with full support through Australian Diploma and Advanced Diploma in financial planning
The PTS will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Meet with new and existing clients regularly, via phone and face-to-face, ensuring your understanding of every client and their individual circumstances is complete and thorough
- Understand and analyse Defined Benefit schemes, their specific features and the benefits that they provide
- Fully assess both ‘harder’ and ‘softer’ facts when considering a client’s situation
- Consider the wider tax issues relevant to the client, in both the UK and Australia
- Ensure that any advice to transfer is in line with the client’s attitude to risk
- Analysis of client’s retirement income needs
- Analysis of sustainability of income
- Check that the TVAS has been completed correctly and appropriately
- Sign off on completed suitability reports, ensuring that they consider the client’s wider circumstances, and present to clients and their advisers
- Provide ongoing advice in respect of client’s UK Pension funds whilst phased transfers are completed, within Australian transfer limits, across multiple tax years
- Present at Professional Developments days of affiliated AFSL firms
- Provide advice and be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Wealth Protection
- Retirement Planning
- Cash Flow & Liability Management
- Risk Management & Insurance Planning
- Nurture and manage Referral Partners that you are designated to or associated with you
- Keep up to date, compliant and knowledgeable on current finance sources, techniques, products, legislation, qualifications and attend courses required by bdh and/or the industry
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed, including (but not limited to) Fact Find, Risk Profile, Fee Proposal and File Notes
- At all times the PTS is to work within the boundaries of their Employment Agreement, and all policies and procedures of bdh
- All investment advice given must be in accordance with the firm’s Part 4A permissions relating to investment
- The firm embraces the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principle that a firm ‘must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly’ and expects all staff to treat its customers fairly at all times.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS
- UK Diploma level 4 is essential together with Cii G60, AF3 or AF7
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Financial Adviser
- Defined Benefit pension experience
- Experience with face-to-face and phone appointments with clients
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain successful client and business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Thorough understanding of financial products and services, as well as factors currently affecting the financial services industry
The work performance of the PTS will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Achieving or exceeding agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving or exceeding business targets
- Competency with clients
- Competency and accuracy with all manner of administration requirements
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with all bdh staff
- Meeting bdh Service Standards